This page provides information about the NREMT testing process as well as how to complete your NREMT and TxDSHS applications.
About the NREMT
NREMT Application Process. (Described step by step below video)
National Registry Application Process - Please print this page out and refer to it while completing the National Registry application online.
6. Skip refresher course section. Does not apply.
9. Skip Program Section. Does not apply
Register Information: If this is your first ever application or certification by the NREMT you will leave this blank.
2. Submit/save the information.
Once this is completed EMTS will receive an e-mail to verify your completion of the EMT program. Once this is done your National Registry account will be updated with directions on how to contact a local computer exam testing facility. So keep going back to your NREMT account to see if any updates have been made.
TxDSHS Application and Fingerprinting
The NREMT is only a testing agency. Once a student passes the NREMT exam they have to be authorized to practice. Students need to complete the TxDSHS EMT Application form and process.
2. Under "EMS Certification/Licensure Forms" open the pdf for EMS personnel: ECA, EMT, EMT-I, EMT-P or LP
3. Complete application
4. New state policy: You must mail your application to the state prior to having your fingerprints taken. The Pre-Screen Petition was the questions in section 4 of application. If you have a clean criminal history this process only takes a few days. Fingerprinting instructions can be found just under the DSHS page that had the application file. "Texas Fingerprint Service Code Form"